This page is frequently updated with our current volunteer opportunities.
Due to the increase interest in volunteering with refugees and a lower number of refugees being permitted into the country, there may be a wait list to volunteer. Please choose a refugee office below to inquiry about volunteering.
Hands on activities
For more information about any of the projects listed below, please contact
Blythe Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 720-541-6826.
- Backpacks (summer): Provide filled backpacks or school supplies for foster and refugee children. Backpacks are distributed before the start of the school year in August.
- Thanksgiving Bags (starts early October): Provide baskets of, either traditional Thanksgiving or culturally appropriate food for our clients.
- Angel Tree Gifts (starts end of October): Provide Christmas presents and/or gift cards for LFS refugee, older adult, pregnancy counseling, and foster care clients.
- Welcome Home: Collect items to furnish and set up an apartment for an arriving refugee family.
- Sponsor an experience: Provide a family pass to the zoo, aquarium, or other family-friendly activity for our foster or refugee families.
- Gift Card Garden: Needs come up in all of our programs throughout the year and gift cards are a great way to help those needs at a moment’s notice. Grow a “gift card garden” or another themed collection to help our clients.
Special Event Committee
If you are interested in being on a Special Event committee, please contact Lauren Knudsen at email@example.com.